WARSAW (Reuters) – Poland rescheduled a ceremony at which the president was to confirm new ministers on Monday, after the incoming education minister said he had tested positive for coronavirus.
Przemyslaw Czarnek, 43, announced he had been infected ahead of an event at the presidential palace, where President Andrzej Duda was due to confirm the cabinet line-up after a government reshuffle announced last week.
“I was tested this morning due to a headache so as not to expose the President, the cabinet and other participants in today’s events. I feel good. Don’t underestimate the symptoms,” Czarnek, said in a tweet posted on Monday.
The ceremony was moved to Tuesday, Presidential spokesman Blazej Spychalski told public television.
Health authorities said that anyone who had contact with Czarnek between Oct. 2 and Oct. 5 would have to self-isolate.
The government spokesman said on Twitter that those people included Deputy Prime Minister Jacek